New Beat Writer for Global Voices Uganda

My good friend Rebekah, also known as Jackfruity, takes over as Global Voices Uganda Correspondent. I want to thank everyone who read and commented on my GV posts over the last 8 months. I especially want to thank the Ugandan blogren, which I have had the pleasure to watch come together at Uganda Bloggers Happy Hour in Kampala and in the blogosphere. I won’t be far away.
---

My name is Rebekah Heacock. This is my first post as I am taking over from Joshua Goldstein.

The Ugandan bloggers are having an existential crisis of sorts. The self-examination among the Blogren, as they’ve started calling each other, began in January when several bloggers objected to the establishment of Uganda Bloggers Happy Hour and the Uganda Best of Blog awards.

continue reading...

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • Um ... does that mean you are gone for good? Waaaaa!!!! :((
    Of course JF makes a worthy replacement, but ... I hope I don't over-miss the Joshuan touch.

    P.S.: That word exists. :oD

    By Blogger The 27th Comrade, at 11:47 PM  

  • End of an era! JF will be great too, but wanted to give you a round of applause.

    By Blogger O.D.B., at 8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home