Grassroots Organizing

On Friday I had a great opportunity to speak to a group of student organizers at the Innovations in Student Leadership Conference at American University in Washington. After being a bit out of the loop of students in organizing mode for most of my time in Uganda, I remembered how much I enjoyed being in the midst of high energy students who were deep into figuring out the practical challenges they faced as early stage organizations.

One of the most impressive visionaries I met was a student named Charlie Cannon, who is currently launching the 'Initiative on Global Organ Trafficking,' an effort to document the trade in illegal human organs. Charlie is leading the charge to get this tough issue more recognized by the international health and human rights communities as a priority issue.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home