Dear Ugandan Blogosphere

The following letter was sent to members of the Ugandan blogosphere:

Hello! My name is Josh. I just started writing the Uganda Roundup for Global Voices Online (GVO). The idea behind GVO is to get the word out about stories from parts of the world that don't traditionally get alot of space in mainstream media. GVO is written by bloggers from around the world; it's a pretty spectacular award winning site. It also happens to be one of the top 150 blogs in the world in terms of number of hits, so if your work gets posted there, alot of people are going to read what you have to say.

GVO has never had a Uganda roundup until now, so its a cool oppurtunity to give more exposure for the growing, but still small, Ugandan blogosphere. I like covering posts that shed light on life in Uganda. I try to find a balance in my GVO posts amongst book reviews, quirky stories about your morning matatu ride, and news analysis and opinion. I'd personally like to see more news related posts, but I think this will develop in time. The rule is: Do ur thang. The only criterium I have are (i) snappy writing and (ii) content that the global public might find interesting.

Also, I think a Happy Hour is in order, and I think Ernest Bazanye should give some remarks because he is endlessly full of mirth hilarious self deprecation. I'll be out of the country for a few weeks, but stay tuned for a Ugandan Blogosphere Happy Hour in late November.

Finally, check out this list of Ugandan blogs that I think reach the above criteria. Make a comment if I've missed any.

http://inanafricanminute.blogspot.com/2006/10/global-voices-uganda.html

Peace. Josh

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • Wonderful to see such a diversity of good blog sites flowing from the grass roots of Africa.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:32 PM  

  • really like your blog! I will keep checking back.

    By Blogger Tracy, at 4:42 PM  

  • Its good to know that there is now a Ugandan roundup on GV.

    There used to be a general Central african one by Zimpundit (i think). Got featured twice when I was still doing "serious" posts.

    Maybe I will resume.

    Great blog.

    By Blogger Jay, at 8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home