Rowing Lake Vic


I went down to the fish market in Munyonyo yesterday and bribed a fisherman to let me take his boat out for a row. It was a massive, heavy 4 seater, with rivets that made it sturdier than I expected. There was still the smell of talapia embedded in the wood. Away from the shore, the air was sweet, and the expansive lake opened up in front of me. I past several abandoned islands, noting them for future exploration, and a campsite cum marina that had a few weekenders gearing up for a jaunt in the Lake. The way back was against the current, so I spent most of the time rowing hard and squinting to line the bow up with the point on land that I was aiming for. It was a good two hour row, and certainly left me feeling the ache this morning.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • Great picture, and I covet it!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:27 AM  

  • I like the photo too and it looks mystical.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:33 PM  

  • Sounds like an amazing experience. Great photo, too.

    By Blogger annulla, at 9:57 PM  

  • Love the picture, I'm using it as my screen save

    Love Dad

    By Blogger Dad, at 9:09 PM  

  • Interesting blog, and I like the photos, specially Lake Vic.

    Please see my blog for great photos, unusual color/format and interesting ideas on goals.

    http://browniesforbreakfast.blogspot.com

    thnks dave

    By Blogger txdave, at 3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home