5 Blogs

Happy Blog Day 2006 was yesterday, so I'm a little behind, but here are a few blogs I enjoy:

The PorkChop Express
Irreverent and hilarious posts on the food scene in NYC from my buddy J. Slab. Truth be told, J. Slab and I once walked half the length of Manhattan for a Greenwich Village cheese-steak.

Ten Acres

This is a new blog from my friend Rebekah. She's a very talented web designer (props for helping with the GYPA site!) Mostly, I'm just excited that Rebekah is moving to Kampala next week!

Katalyst@Large
Kevin Carroll, of Katalyst Consultancy, deals in inspiration. He's been a HUGE supporter of GYPA's work supporting Uganda's Homeless World Cup team. I like his blog because you can follow the diaries kept by the players on the team.

DCist
I rocked this blog every day when I lived in DC, but now that I'm in Kampala, its serves up a nice bit of nostalgia.

My Heart's in Accra
One of my favorite Afriblogs, merging commentary on technology and development. Ethan founded the amazing GeekCorps. In his own words: '
It's an international non-profit organization that transfers tech skills from geeks in developed nations to geeks in emerging nations, especially entrepreneurial geeks who are building small businesses. In other words, it's a Peace Corps for geeks.'

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home