On California

Serpent Mother's Egg, via Ioupiote's photostream

As the Notorious B.I.G once said, "If I gotsta choose a coast, I gotsta choose the East. I live out there, so don't go there. But that don't mean a brother can't rest in the West."

That's how I feel. While the East Coast is my home, a summer in Cali will do just fine. Take, for example, the Oakland Fire Festival, which recently took place on a warm night a few weekends ago. Dozens of metal workers constructed strange machines that lit the abandoned parking with a noir, Tim Burton-esque light.

I've got a decent line up for my last month in California. A half-marathon in San Francisco, a weekend on a San Diego beach and a 100 mile bike race in Wine Country. And, lots of writing on Africa, technology, and their confluence. More soon on what I've absorbed in this heady summer.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • So josh, this is your hairdresser. I just read most of your blog, and well, now I feel stupid! But it was very interesting....what I understood of it anyways.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home